We operate a fleet of Toyota Prius and Lexus RX hybrid vehicles, offering the cleanest engine technology available. Our cars produce 60% less emissions than a standard saloon or black cab. They also produce 98% less Nitrogen Oxide and 100% less Particulate emissions.
how the hybrid system works
1) start-up and slow speed - The Prius uses its electric motor; the petrol engine remains shut off. This is fuel efficient and very quiet.
2) cruising speed - The Prius engine kicks in and at the same time drives the generator to provide power to the electric motors and charge the battery.
3) acceleration - The Prius battery supplies additional power to the electric motors to supplement acceleration.
4) braking and deceleration - The Prius' electric motors function as energy regenerators. The recovered energy is stored for later use.
5) at rest - The Prius engine, electric motors and generator are shutdown - no energy is wasted.
For more detailed information on our cars, check out Toyota's website
Enter our weekly prize draw to win a free trip in a GOGREENCAR